History of Abbey Road Studios: Part 1
Every sound engineer knows that The Beatles recorded their Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band album at Abbey Road Studios. The album, which in 1967 opened a new era both in popular music and in sound engineering/music production, is considered to have a “gold” status among fans of The Beatles and classic rock music. This article covers the first part of the history of the famous studio that played such a great role in the development of modern music.
Building number 3 at Abbey Road in St John’s Wood, London, was acquired by EMI company in 1929. The goal was to transform the building into the world’s first custom-built recording studio. The house had 16 rooms. It was a residential building which consisted of five bedrooms, five sitting-rooms, two servants’ rooms, a wine cellar and a big garden. Reconstruction works took only two years…
The original article was published in: Russian.
Sorry, the rest of the article is currently available only in Russian. Please subscribe to receive a notification when the full translation will be published.Обсуждение в соцсетях:
Эта статья также доступна на другом языке: Russian